dinsdag 24 november 2009

Dressed for a (wedding)party

My sister-in-law send me some pictures of her wedding dress.


The dress was inspired by the Victorian fashion.
I made the jacket and most of the skirt. Both where inspired by this dress.
The border of the jacket is decorated with a fluffy feathery thing. I think I will still find these feathers everywhere when I move out of my studio (I even found them in my refrigerator...).

Here's the top I didn't make ;) I think it's lovely. It's the same fabric as the rest of the dress, covered with an embroidered tule. The lacing at the back is pure decoration, a zipper is hidden in the side seam.

One last picture, of me (in my red dress) helping the bride dressing up:
I guess the photographer they hired will have some nice pictures of the happy couple, but I haven't seen them yet, so maybe later.

1 opmerking:

  1. de mooie foto's komen hopelijk volgende week, mag je ook op je blog zetten.

    greets your sister in law :P

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen